Thursday, July 7, 2011

Settling In

Well, we have been back to the States for a week-and-a-half. We literally hit the ground running and have not slowed down. There are so many things to do to try to settle in for a whole year. Usually when we are here, we are only here for a couple of months so we stay with my in-laws, but I really doubt they want us hanging around and living with them for a whole year.

We have kept very busy during the time we have been here. That is why I have not been able to post much lately. We have been to a family reunion, bought a car, bought cell phones and gotten service, celebrated Independence Day with family, went to Silver Dollar City (an old-fashioned theme park in Branson, Mo.), and, as I mentioned in my last post, been looking for a home to either rent or buy. We actually decided on renting, and today found a house to rent. We are both happy with the house we found. It is very close to the school our son will be attending, plus, it is only a stone's throw away from Wal-Mart: LITERALLY! When we look out our back door we can see Wal-Mart. Of course, this is the part that made me happy. The house will not be ready to move into for 2 more weeks, but that is ok. I think my in-laws may be able to put up with us for that long.

Sorry there have been no pictures for the last two posts. Hope to get some soon though.

No comments:

Post a Comment